Ream Me !

Introduce yourself!
ashleybabajee

Ream Me !

Post by ashleybabajee » Mon May 21, 2018 8:00 am

print ("Hello World.")

I am B.A.D (Babajee, Ashley, Dinesh) and currently working as network and security engineer, well you all know how fast technology is moving, everything is software-defined, SDN is already here and as a network engineer i need to have some knowledge/skills on automation/scripting etc and have targeted Python to start with, i have done a bit of scripting in the past but that's about 10 years ago, yeah time flies so do cockroaches. Hopefully, to get some help, as its a big pool of talents and skills over here and you guys are doing a wonderful job, i don't lie on weekends. I am more into Cisco certifications, also a certified beer drinker and i have a dog.

PC_THE_GREAT
Core team

Re: Ream Me !

Post by PC_THE_GREAT » Fri May 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Welcome on board Ashley. Hope to see you advising other members on board on part of the fields that you are strongest at, and we shall definitely have members who would be up for some python discussions.

I know that Appinv wanted to do some python talks in our uom talks.

codarren
Core team

Post by codarren » Fri May 25, 2018 1:56 pm

ashleybabajee wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:00 am
print ("Hello World.")

I am B.A.D (Babajee, Ashley, Dinesh) and currently working as network and security engineer, well you all know how fast technology is moving, everything is software-defined, SDN is already here and as a network engineer i need to have some knowledge/skills on automation/scripting etc and have targeted Python to start with, i have done a bit of scripting in the past but that's about 10 years ago, yeah time flies so do cockroaches. Hopefully, to get some help, as its a big pool of talents and skills over here and you guys are doing a wonderful job, i don't lie on weekends. I am more into Cisco certifications, also a certified beer drinker and i have a dog.
Man, time does fly, I would suggest you to read the "Python Cookbook", it has helped me a lot as I started learning about python and as an automation lover myself.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920027072.do

Do not hesitate to contact me on facebook if you get stuck in some infinite loop :)

Best Regards,
Codarren

appinv

Post by appinv » Tue May 29, 2018 3:14 pm

i have weirdly missed the python part in the intro,

apart from codarren's suggest,

i suggest :

tutorialspoint python3 : core
sololearn python : core
think python : core - greenteapress has the book in html format

built-in docs : built-ins
std lib docs : std lib

effbot.org and knowpapa.com : gui / tkinter

automate the boring stuff with python : applications
101computing.net : advanced applications

interactive python - Brad Miller and David Ranum : data structures and algos

packaging.python.org and pypa.io : packaging

data sci and machine learning : numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, opencv, tensorflow
these can be learnt separately, medium has some good articles else,
the coursera course by Ng is the classical intro to machine learning. for pandas the official 10 minutes into pandas is good enough. else data sci specifically, some formulas / concepts have to be learnt

all the above are FREE