LoRa

Moderator: irshaad

shravand

LoRa

Post by shravand » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:48 am

Hello everyone,

I am creating this thread to gather some information about LoRa in Mauritius. I am planning to implement it in my dissertation next year. I have a brief understanding of how LoRa works.

We have the transceiver modules, a gateway and the processing unit.

The transceiver detects changes in sensors etc, they transmit a small message packet to the gateway which then forward the message to the processing unit (can be a Raspberry Pi or even Cloud).

If anyone has the information, what is the operating frequency of LoRa in Mauritius? Since I will be using a part of the frequency bandwidth, should I inform the ICTA about that? I will be doing a small prototype and if possible I will present the same to some companies. If they are interested, I will implement that for them.

Looking forward for some replies from anybody,

Thank you,
Shravan

irshaad

Re: LoRa

Post by irshaad » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi @Shravand

LoRa is already implemented in Mauritius as far as I know.

If you need more information about it, there was a talk about it during last year's ITU workshop held in Mauritius. I'm having some hard time getting the conference papers. But, one fellow mauritian blogger worked on it and wrote about here: https://nayarweb.com/blog/2017/hands-on ... twork-iot/ .

Hope that helps !!

Irshaad :)
Hi I'm Irshaad :D
I like to build stuffs using the Pi & Arduinos primarily. Anything from home automation projects to silly and useless ones just to get to know some technology.
I code in Python on the Pi and Processing or C++ for Arduino.